SOCIAL MEDIA

Shop My New In

Monday 24 September 2018

Food | Light Bites Chips Review

Light Bites

Are you on a gluten free diet, have Coelliac disease or just like to cut gluten out of your diet anyway? Well, even if you just like trying new things that are super healthy and low in calories, these snazzy crisps and bars from Lights Bites are definitely worth a try! Read on if you'd like to know more...



I first tried these chips at the BlogConLDN event a few months back and thought they were quite alright! So when I was sent out all the different flavours to try as well as chocolate cookie caramel flavour bars! *HEART EYE EMOJI* I love anything that has caramel in it - just SO good! So I tried this bar out and it was rather chewy, not too much chocolate in it and feel like it needed to be slightly sweeter - maybe that's just me as I have a sweet tooth at times! Definitely a nice little snack to keep in your handbag for when your peckish! You can buy these bars at your local Superdrug. Read more here.

Light Bites

Let's start with how the flavours were, I had 4 different flavours to try out. The first one I tried sounded intriguing and tasty, it was Sweet and Smokey Chipotle which had a strange taste in all honestly, it was like a bland salami kind of flavour, but it had quite a lot of flavouring on it which made it slightly better. Definitely could do with a bit of salt thrown into flavour it up some more!

Roasted Shallot and Cider Vinegar was very much like salt and vinegar without the salt hahaa! I wasn't a fan of this due to how sour it was with the vinegar flavour, as I don't like vinegar unless it's on chip shop chips! Can anyone else related to this? Just me? But yes, this flavour isn't for me, but better for someone who likes salt and vinegar crisps!

Pesto and Sundried Tomato was my actual favourite out of all the flavours! As this flavour tasted like spaghetti bolognese! And that's a dish I LOVE! So this is a firm favourite you guys should definitely try out! By the way, these packets only retail to 99p in Superdrug and they're all under 100 calories - bonus if your watching your calories or just want to eat healthier!

Cheddar Cheese and Chutney was the first flavour I tried at the BlogConLDN event and this was actually full of cheesey flavours! So this flavour was quite alright but not my most favourite taste next to the pesto and sundried tomato!

Light Bites

In all honesty, me being a salt addict, it was lacking in salt and so was all the other flavours. They are more for someone who is on a gluten free diet, or has coelliac or best for someone who gets bloated easily - I get bloated easily but these just don't do it for me due to the lack in flavour. They're a good on the go snack, especially if your on a diet! So they are super healthy to have as they're made out of soya and chickpea! So no potatoes involved! Definitely recommend if your vegan or vegetarian, on a diet or just want healthier snacks!

Into conclusion, out of the entire flavours, the only one I'd buy again would have to be Pesto and Sundried Tomato - firm favourite! Honestly give them a try!

You can buy the Light Bites crisps in any Superdrug store and online below:



Snapchat (isobelceline)

*I was kindly gifted these items for reviewing purposes. All opinions are my own, open and honest. For more information please refer to my disclaimer.*

12 comments :

  1. Hmm might give them a try, have you tried Hippeas, they are delicious and are chickpea based snacks, nicest crisp alternative I’ve found in the low calerie area

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how honest you are but it a nice way rather than a full on bashing haha! I see these all the time in shops i might have to give them ago myself Spag Bol crisps sounds amazing lol
    www.lifewith2tots.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh these sound like my perfect kind of snack! I always have a packet of crisps in my bag but lately I've been feeling guilty about it. Although, to be honest, I'd probably go for the chocolate cookie caramel bar haha.

    Lizzie Bee // Hello Lizzie Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love crisps too! I love Pringles too much so these are a healthier alternative!

      Delete
  4. Oooo these sound really yummy! :D I may have to get some for work to snack on when I'm working. :P

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got these too! I love them they are so taste, my fave are the Chipotle ones <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look really good, will definitely be telling my gluten free friends about them!

    Gem
    www.justgem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete