Fashionista Chic

UK Based Personal Style, Beauty, Lifestyle & Travel Blogger

Sunday, 3 January 2016

Beauty | Make Up Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer Review

Make Up Revolution Lip Lacquer Review


Lip lacquers is something I've been looking into trying out for quite some time now after seeing everyone hype about it and I thought I'd try it out. This gorgeous red coloured lip lacquer is definitely a lovely colour, but it's not as red as I would like it to be as I feel it has a slight orange/coral colour mixed within the formula so it's not that perfect red for me. It may be the right colour for others, this just isn't something I'd reach for over my Ted Baker red lipstick.

Make Up Revolution Lip Lacquer Review

As for the formula itself, it is nice and thick to begin with when applying to the lips, but it takes some time for it to dry. I do have quite dry lips as it is, but I found this lip product to be much more drying than what I thought it would be. Considering how it has a velvet texture to it when dried, I'm not overly keen on this product. I know others prefer a matte lip, but matte lip lacquers are not something I will be buying very often unless there is a certain brand that has a matte lip product that isn't drying at all and doesn't leave your lips with bits of the product drying up on your lips and then it ending up falling off or worse, you tasting it in your mouth. Not the nicest of feelings is it? If anyone knows of any matte lip products or tips that will help with this problem or don't leave your lips extremely dried out after using the product.

Make Up Revolution Lip Lacquer Review

As you can see by the picture above, the product has a slight coral red colour to it. I do like this product in a way, but I don't like the velvet texture to it as much. The formula itself glides on without a problem. This is just my personal opinion on matte lip lacquers, as I prefer glossy and creamy lip products to drying or matte ones. Either way, this is a lovely shade to wear during autumn or winter to add that pop of colour.

Make Up Revolution Lip Lacquer Review

This is a nice product to use for those who love a matte product, but I feel it's not as good quality as other drugstore matte/velvet lip products. I do own another one of these lip lacquers in a beautiful purple shade which I wore in this post here. I did find that it helped to wear lip balm and this purple lipstick underneath it. Make Up Revolution Lipsticks are the sort of creamy but glossy texture I love, I just need a lip pencil to keep the formula from leaving my lips so quickly. If you interested in the purple lip lacquer, click here and the red lip lacquer is linked below if your interested in buying it. Thanks for reading! Would you buy this product? Do you own this product, if so what is your opinion on it?


Snapchat (isobelceline) | Depop (isobelthomas147)
Share:

6 comments

  1. Lovely review! I was thinking of trying these but I'm still unsure.

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa, everyone is different but I personally won't be buying them again. I tried out my purple one again and I still don't like it. It comes off too easily too.

      Delete
  2. Love the packaging,I never tried Makeup Revolution lipsticks,but I want to!
    That one looks really pigmented and matte,I love matte,I follow you
    xx
    http://zeberry.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa some people like the matte feeling but I personally don't :L

      Delete

© Fashionista Chic | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig