UK Based Personal Style, Beauty, Lifestyle & Travel Blogger

Saturday, 9 January 2016

Beauty | Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorns Review

Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorns Review

Sorry, but I'm not sorry for yet another Make Up Revolution palette review. I just freaking love them! Especially the pigmentation of this Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorns! This has to be one of my most fabulous eye shadow palette purchases! And for only £4 yet again, it is a definite steal! When I first used this palette, I created a lovely green and blue smokey eye look with a purple cat flick across the look. If you want to see this look, head over to my Instragram or have a look at the make-up look over on my H&M X Halloween post here.

Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorns Review

I've noticed with some other beauty bloggers that have reviewed this palette are giving a false image of the first swipe on the green and blue shades. The picture above shows what the colours look like on the skin with just one swipe of a blending brush (the brush that comes with the palette) unlike other beauty bloggers I have seen (don't get me wrong, not all beauty bloggers do this), they have used a false swiping method where they have swiped a few more times just to make the palette look better in it's pigmentation. Don't get me wrong, the pigmentation of this palette is brilliant but I hate it when other people give a false sense of hope when it comes to the lighter shades coming out better than what they actually are after just one swipe. This is just me putting it out there that the shades in this palette used, come out exactly as shown in the picture as above and another image below after just one swipe.

As you can see, the lighter shades do not come out as well as the more intensifying and darker shades and once again are those matte shades that need to be built up more when brushing onto your eyelids or where ever you choose to apply the shadow.

The point I'm trying to get across is, when I write about different types of beauty, I will give my most 100% opinion and show the true and exact side of the products. Not adding in any false thoughts and not editing the pictures in a way that would give a false image of what the product colours should be or look like. Also, just to let you know, due to lighting problems, I did use the flash on my camera on some of these images so the palette may come across brighter than what it actually is, but not by much as this palette is near enough neon colours anyway.

Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorns Review
Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorns Review

1       2       3       4       5       6       7       8       9       10       11       12

The first shade of lime green you can hardly see on the skin. It does have a slight shimmer to it once it has been built up. Pretty much all of the shades within this palette are metallic/shimmery, which is perfect for me due to loving shimmery shades rather than a palette full of matte shades which seem to bore me...same goes for lipsticks and lip lacquers, I don't always tend to opt for a matte shade due to the dryness of them and I hate the feeling of a dry lip, same goes for my eyelids. I'd rather have buttery/creamy shades rather than matte/dry shades.

Seeing as I love any colour close to turquoise, these shades are perfect for me and definitely perfect for if you want that perfect mermaid eye look. Blending in all the colours in different areas of your lids make that perfect mermaid style eye look. It's the same with the darker shades heading towards the purple and darker blues. They are definitely the type of shades I'd use for a fabulous unicorn coloured look. The name of this palette is just brilliant I think too! The colours suit the title!

Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorns Review
Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorns Review

Overall, this is a favourite of mine and definitely ticks all the boxes for them extravagant eye looks I want to achieve for all kinds of different events. I think the next palette I am looking at buying is the Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Acid Brights as the colours look insane! Definitely something I'd like to try out!


Instagram | Bloglovin' | Snapchat (isobelceline) | Depop (isobelthomas147)
Share:

15 comments

  1. Lovely review! :)

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! The colors are so pretty and fun! I'm a huge fan of Make Up Revolution too. They products are amazing and so reasonably priced!

    Meggan
    www.cardiganjezebel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa the prices are brilliant for the quality! I own so many products by them!

      Delete
  3. I really love you :) Happy New Year!

    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)


    I really love you :) Happy New Year!

    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2015/12/vintage-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Such an amazing palette!

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely palette, I love number 4, it's amazing! :) xx

    gingerebelq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing review and great colour palette ! :)
    My blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful palette i love MUR.
    Those colours look really pigmented.
    xx
    http://zeberry.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this review: it's very informative and the photos are beautiful, well done!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    xx
    www.thenewpersonalassistant.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashionista Chic | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig