UK Based Personal Style, Beauty, Lifestyle & Travel Blogger

Monday, 14 December 2015

Beauty | Make Up Revolution Redemption Palette Hot Smoked Review

Make Up Revolution Palette Review

Oh yes. Another beauty post on Fashionistachic. Obviously it had to be another Make Up Revolution Palette review! This time it's the Redemption Palette Hot Smoked.

I've found I don't reach for this palette as much as my Iconic 1 palette as I do tend to stick with the same make-up look near enough everyday unless I'm in an experimenting mood. I can say I have used the green tones in this palette to create a nice smokey green eye that I wore one day that I really should of added a cat flick to for an extra defined look.

Make Up Revolution Palette Review
Make Up Revolution Palette Review

As for the pigmentation, once again Make Up Revolution have accomplished that perfect pigmentation again. More so with the shimmery shades as they don't need to be built up unlike the matte shades within the palette.

Make Up Revolution Palette Review

As you can see by the picture above, the shimmery shades stand out more than the matte shades - especially the lighter matte shades, they need that extra time and effort to be built up. This may not be the best palette for those of you who love the lighter eye look due to the effort needed to build up the light matte shades.

Make Up Revolution Palette Review
Make Up Revolution Palette Review
Make Up Revolution Palette Review
                      1           2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9           10           11           12

Not my favourite palette, like I said, but I do have a few shades in this palette I definitely like, which are numbers 3, 6, 9 & 10 due to them being shimmery shades and they are perfect as night out shades. If your looking for a palette for a night out with those perfect shades for a smokey eye look in those dark colours, then this is definitely the palette for you. I'm not knocking this palette at all, I just need time to experiment with it that bit more. Which I intend to do on my next night out!

When I use Make Up Revolutions palettes, I tend to start off with a matte light shade and slowly head towards darker colours to built a smokey eye look up.

Make Up Revolution Palette Review

Overall, this is a palette I would reach for on a night out rather than a day time palette, the first two and last two shades would be perfect for the day time though, especially during the spring time!


Instagram | Bloglovin' | Snapchat (isobelceline) | Depop (isobelthomas147)
Share:

6 comments

  1. I have had a look at this brand for a while because I have heard about its eyebrow kit! However, these shades are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa it's really good. It's the main brand that I buy from for make-up now. I own the brow kit but haven't had chance to use it yet. I could do a review if you like?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shades!
    xo, Vitri

    www.vanillalash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review, I want to try more palettes from Makeup Revolution. They have lovely shades :)

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so affordable and brilliant pigmentation! You really should try them, I highly recommend them. Not so much the lipsticks though as they don't stay on your lips very long at all.

      Delete

© Fashionista Chic | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig