Fashionista Chic

UK Based Personal Style, Beauty, Lifestyle & Travel Blogger

Saturday, 14 November 2015

Lifestyle | Candy Kittens Candy

Candy Kittens Sweets
Candy Kittens Sweets
Candy Kittens Sweets

Candy Kittens? Ever heard of them? Neither did I until I got sent a few of these surprisingly addictive and deliciously sweet bags of candy in the post. I bet your wondering, hey? What happened to the fashionable outfit posts? Well, don't worry, they are not going anywhere! My blog name is Fashionista Chic for a reason! But, I have decided to start lifestyle blogging and am looking into reviewing some beauty products too. Some recipes might even be coming near Christmas too so watch this space!
Continuing onto these quite addictive new sweeties...

First of all, let's start with explaining a little bit about Candy Kittens. Well, they sell these quirky packaged sweets at Selfridges, Waitrose, Sainsbury's and Topshop. When I say quirky packaging, have you ever looked at the bottom of a packet of sweets before? Well, with this style of packaging, I recommend you should. Both packets say different things which I found quite different from all the other different sweet brands. The Lemon Sherbet packet says "Do you always look at the bottom of packs?" and the Sour Blueberry pack says "You really know how to pick your sweets." I found these quite funny and different as it adds a bit of humour to the packaging. Now packaging is sometimes an eye catcher for me as you wouldn't be so attracted to packaging that looked hideous and boring now would you? They also retail at £2.49 which is not too bad if you want some decent tasting sweets.

Candy Kittens Sweets

The Taste Test - First Impressions | Lemon Sherbet*

You can definitely taste the lemon in this sweet but it's not like you have a sour lemon in your mouth. You can basically taste quite a pleasant hint of lemon juice within this sweet but you can also taste more of the sherbet within it as well. The texture is quite chewy but slightly syrup like. Now these sweets are gluten free which is a good thing for certain people. Also each sweet is only 27 kcal which isn't bad actually, but the sugar contained in them is 4.4g per 8g sweet.

Candy Kittens Sweets

Overall opinion on this flavour?

I do like this flavour but it's not something I'd buy again. It's something I would reach for if it was the only sweets left in the treat drawer.

Candy Kittens Sweets

The Taste Test - First Impressions | Sour Blueberry*

Now sour sweets are definitely something I've always liked. My first impressions from this flavour blew me away slightly as they aren't majorly sour but they are at that perfect level of sourness you can handle. With a zingy tang to the blueberry flavour it had me keep going back for more. Each sweet in this pack is 28kcal and contains 4.9g sugar. So slightly more than the lemon sherbet sweets.

Candy Kittens Sweets

Overall opinion on this flavour?

I LOVE this flavour as I love sour sweets so this is definitely something I will pick up again. Considering how I ate a whole packet...You can tell I like these ones...

Candy Kittens Sweets

These two flavours, Sour Blueberry and Lemon Sherbet are Candy Kittens two new flavours so it was nice to be able to try them out. They also sell flavours such as, Peaches & Cream, Apple & Elderflower, Eton Mess and Sour Watermelon. They also have introduced the new treat packs in the flavours Wild Strawberry, Sour Grape and Fresh Raspberry.

If your have a sweet or sour tooth like I do and love to try out new brands and flavours of sweet treats, I recommend you try out these ones as I will definitely be looking for these next time I go to either Selfridges, Waitrose, Sainsbury's or Topshop!

Thanks for reading! Follow me on Instagram, Bloglovin', Snapchat (isobelceline) and Depop (isobelthomas147) to see what yo can buy straight from my wardrobe!

Items marked with and asterisk(*) have been sent to me for review. Please see my Disclaimer for more information.
Share:

7 comments

  1. I would love to pick the lemon one because I love everything lemon/lime or citrus :) However, I am not a sweet tooth person :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't too sweet actually, they are quite chewy though but not so much that your chewing for ages. If your not so much of a sweet tooth the sour blueberry ones definitely aren't for you. Treat yourself to a bag of the lemon ones! Like I said above, their quite nice!

      Delete
  2. I've seen these around and meaning to try them, they look so cute and yummy.

    www.sashacharmainexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do taste really good! Especially the sour blueberry! I'm definitely going to try out some more flavours when I next visit Selfridges!

      Delete

© Fashionista Chic | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig