SOCIAL MEDIA

Shop My New In

Sunday 22 March 2015

Travel | Comic Con 2015 - NEC Birmingham

*WARNING: You will see a side to me as a Fashion & Personal Style Blogger like you've never seen before... - major geek fest is contained in this blog post*
MCM Comic Con

Oh yes...I took a trip up to the NEC Birmingham to spend the day at MCM ComicCon for the first time. I've always wanted to go! I finally managed to get an entire day there and had such an amazing experience! If your one for comics, cosplay, anime, movies, video games or manga, this is DEFINITELY the place for you!

Comic Con was first started on the 21st March 1970 (45 years ago!) when a group of comics, movie and science fiction fans banded together to put on the first comic book convention in southern California - and that is basically what this event contains. It's a massive NERD/GEEK festival for those of you 'Cool Kids'.
If your a fan of marvel, minions, anime, cosplay, manga or even disney princesses, you should carry on reading! If not then this is definitely not the kind of post for you - but it does still involve fashion - of course!
MCM Comic Con

The first thing we saw outside the MCM ComicCon Event - a giant bunny!

MCM Comic Con

These Jawa's were actually so cute! I gave them a hug hehee! At one point they started poking my friends phone while taking a selfie video with them. They also tried to take my can of Monster Energy from me, I was like 'Nooo!' and ran away hahaa!

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

Characters from Star Wars!

MCM Comic Con

A giant minion! This giant blow up minion was literally the size of a house!

MCM Comic Con

Gedi's from Star Wars

MCM Comic Con

Captain America & Black Widow

MCM Comic Con

The STIG! I was actually so hyped up when I seen this guy! He even put his hand out and shook my hand! He was AWESOME!

MCM Comic Con

A Storm trooper from Star Wars

MCM Comic Con

Kick-Ass! One of my absolute favourite pictures from the day!

MCM Comic Con

BATMAN! Matching my top right there...

MCM Comic Con

FREEZE! - Yes, I asked if I could shoot this guy...

MCM Comic Con

These guys (well mainly the woman) actually scared me...they were so in character it was like jumping into the Harry Potter movie set! I actually thought she was going to strangle me I was ready to pull her fingers back! My face is in half panicking mode here!

MCM Comic Con

We had to wait until 11:00am till we could get our tickets as we didn't book priority tickets...so I decided to sit on the floor until then as there was no where else to actually sit. Plus seeing as we were up on our feet all day, this seemed like a good idea - even though the floor was freezing!
You can buy tickets to the event here! The event is not only located at Birmingham but also; Belfast, London, Manchester, Midlands and also Scotland. I heard that there is also one in Canada as well!

MCM Comic Con

The main entrance to MCM ComicCon Birmingham

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

 You gotta love soldiers - seeing as camouflage is my weakness print!

MCM Comic Con

I hugged a minion!

MCM Comic Con

Actually loved this guys Spiderman pose - another favourite picture from the event!

MCM Comic Con

They even had a CEX stall!

MCM Comic Con

 My Little Pony merch! Seriously pricey though!

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

 I seriously wanted a Minecraft t-shirt!

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

 Pikachu art I might try out!

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

 Bumblebee! - Faveee transformer!

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

 R2D2! It literally ran into our feet - which explains why the picture is blurred.

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

Here's the fashion part! I thought this skirt was so cute! Even thought I'm not an anime fan, I still loved the lace detailing on the hem of this ultra cute skirt!

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

 Team Rocket from Pokemon

MCM Comic Con

This alien was actually named Alfie according to the soldiers guarding him!?

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

Not a sight you'd ever thought you'd see was it?! Captain Jack Sparrow with a light saber!

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

I actually found these amazing! They were made out of Perspex, engraved in logos and characters from Minecraft to Frozen to even the Transformers!

MCM Comic Con

Seriously loved the Minecraft geek sunnies!

MCM Comic Con

These gamer's were playing a Nintendo game and OMG...you could see by the expression on their faces how intense the game was! Their hands were moving the controls so fast, I just couldn't believe it! I'm a bit of gamer girl myself but I'm more of a just for fun type of gamer - unless it's a game of Call Of Duty then I become seriously competitive. 

MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con

Found Woody & Jessie on the way out of the NEC.

MCM Comic Con

I found Matt Smith! - Only joking! But how much does he actually look like Matt Smith from Doctor Who?! Literally ran at him on the way back to the train station!

MCM Comic Con

Phew! Wow...I took A LOT of pictures! Considering how it was my first time at MCM ComicCon 2015 at the NEC Birmingham, I felt like I needed to! It was an amazing experience and I will definitely be going again, which should be in November.
I didn't even think to look on the MCM ComicCon Birmingham website to see what was happening during the event! Don't worry! I'll fill you in on what was there:
There were stalls by; CEX, Slothical Creations (they draw you in sloth form for only £3!), Laura Howell, Lee Townsend and even Killer Bunny.
There were also dealer stalls which gave people a chance to buy the very best from the worlds of Movie, Anime, Manga, TV, Comics, Trading Cards, Action Figures and the list goes on. There were so many merchandise stalls as well as you can seen above in some of the pictures.
On the main stage of the event, there were; Voices, Voices Everywhere, Anime Limited, Terminus Birmingham, Chris Gorham Uncovered, Z-Cars to Hell on Wheels, 2000 AD, Heroes & Demons, Robots Overlords and Cosplay Masquerade.
They also had special guests from Walking Dead including Laurie Holden. Also as you seen above, Warwick Davis was there! Quinton Flynn was also doing free signings there too!
There were quite a few characters I didn't get pictures with which I wish I did including; Katniss Everdeen and a few other characters from The Hunger Games, Frozone from The Incredibles and a Halo Solider. Oh well, there's always next time!
Next time I go I want to cosplay, but who do you think I should cosplay? Thoughts?
As for my outfit, I went for a rock chick vibe with a splash of batman.

Top - Car Boot Sale
Jacket - Primark
Jeans -Primark
Boots - F&F
Backpack - WHSmith
Belt  -Charity Shop
Choker - Etsy
Eagle Necklace - George at Asda
Long Necklace  -Zorehia Jewellery
Rings - Primark, New Look & Topshop

Thank you so much for reading! Sorry it's been a long one today but I felt the need to do a post about my day. If I was a YouTuber I would of vlogged the entire day...seeing as I'm not (even though it has been a thing I've been thinking about for a long time now) I did one video of the start of Robot Wars so you had an insight on the atmosphere that was going on there.

1 comment :

  1. Well if we do corporate event planning then we should make a list of things which should be done on time. Like first we need to book a nice location which is suitable for every employee. Next is to book catering services for snacks and drinks, or as per schedule.

    ReplyDelete